Whether you represent an insurance carrier looking for a program manager with specialized underwriting expertise or are a wholesale broker looking for a great underwriting partner, at C&S Specialty Underwriters, we have solutions for you.
We offer a Construction General Liability package policy for general and trade/artisan contractors (both commercial and residential). (Contractor’s pollution coverage is available on an occurrence or claims-made basis.) As part of our standard coverage package, we offer blanket (where required by written contract) additional insured, primary/non-contributory and waiver of subrogation endorsements.
General and trade/artisan contractors (commercial and residential) with revenues generally under $10 million in the following classes:
- HVAC Contractors
- Concrete Construction (at work, drive ways and patios
- Door & Window Contractors performing installation work solely for repair, remodel, and additions
- Driveway, Parking Area or Sidewalk contractor
- Floor Covering Installation
- Electrical Contractors
- Plumbing Contractors (less than 2 stories)
- Masonry Contractors (at work, driveways and patios)
- General Contractors – Residential Custom Home Builders (less than 5 homes per year)
- General Contractors – Commercial
- Painting Contractors
- Tile, Stone, Marble, Mosaic or Terrazzo Work – interior construction
- Landscaping including lawn treatment
- Interior Carpentry
- Solar Contractors
- Metal Erection – nonstructural
- Residential and Commercial Artisan and General Contractors performing repair/remodel/addition work.
We also provide an Environmental Contractor’s/Consultant’s Package policy, which offers Commercial General Liability and Contractor’s Pollution Liability for environmental contractors, Commercial General Liability and Professional Liability for environmental consultants, and monoline Contractor’s Pollution Liability for non-environmental contractors.
Target accounts for our environmental coverage
- Hazardous Waste
- Soil and Groundwater Remediation
- Emergency Response and Cleanup
- Storage Tank Contractors and Tank Testing
- Superfund and Brownfield Remediation
- Lead, Asbestos, Radon and PCB Remediation
- All Fire and Water Restoration Contractors
- Mold Remediation and Decontamination
- Lead, Asbestos, Radon and PCB Assessment and Inspection
- Environmental Project Management
- Industrial Hygiene
- Phase I, II and III environmental consultants
- Environmental Regulatory Consulting and Permitting
- Other Environmental Consultants that perform testing, monitoring or investigation of pollutants, including the design of systems and protocols for the testing, monitoring, investigation, clean-up, abatement, remediation, containment, treatment, detoxication or neutralization of pollutants.Other Environmental Contractors that perform clean-up, abatement, remediation, removal, excavation, containment, treatment, detoxication or neutralization of existing pollution conditions.
Our Contractors Pollution Liability “CPL” product, has been created to protect Artisan, Trade, Environmental and General Contractors.
Target accounts (Most any risk class)
- Carpentry including Framing
- Concrete Construction
- Door/Window Install
- Drilling – Non-Energy
- Duct Cleaning
- Elevator erection repair
- Fire Suppression
- General Construction
- Glass Installation
- Sewer Construction
- Steel Erection
- Underground Utility Installation
At C&S, we believe that for us to succeed, we need a strong team of people who are not only skilled and disciplined at underwriting but who are also focused on putting their broker partners first. We have invited, and continue to invite, only those brokers who fit our business model, whom we trust and know, and who have expertise and experience with the risks we write. We’ve become not only specialists in our space but focused on putting those who we work with first.
As a company, we’ve invested heavily in a state-of-the-art underwriting system that allows us to provide quotes to our broker partners within 24 hours, seamlessly create binders, issue policies, and process endorsements. We’re fast and efficient while providing transparency and visibility of our process to our carrier partners, ensuring that we maintain not only our underwriting integrity but their trust as well.
Questions? We have answers! Get to know more about us on our website: https://csunderwriters.com/